Sunday, June 10, 2007

One Star Lunch

The next day, also pretty cloudy and raining in the morning Scott decided to treat me to a lunch at a Michelin one star restaurant that is in the area. It was beautiful, awe-inspiring food and the dining room had a beautiful view of the surrounding country-side. I’ve never really been big on French food but there truly is something that they do with sauces as well as the mixture of uncommon ingredients that is different from anywhere else. Now of course I am going to come home and start taking French cooking classes. (Oh, I started with seared tuna that was out of this world and followed with lobster tail wrapped in this kind of shredded wheat like package. Every bite was a new and different sensation. I will have to add Scott’s wine choices later because my notes on wine are on scraps of paper jumbled together and will require time to go though. Scott had Cassoulet, which is the regional specialty. So special is it that half the hotels and restaurants in the area seemed to be name “Hotel du Cassoulet,” or some variation thereof. (I have no idea how you would explain to your cab driver that you want cassoulet south or cassoulet north or that you want to eat some cassoulet or sleep at some cassoulet, but it works for them!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What foodie would ever say they have never been into French cuisine. Alexis, we must discuss this further. I don't know what the Germans have done to you.