Saturday, June 9, 2007

Beauty at Cuq en Terrasse

We make our way to a small town outside of Toulouse, where will we stay at a Bed and Breakfast that has 8 rooms. Let me go on the record saying now that all B&Bs should be run by gay men! Scott has stayed at this place before and since he is a repeat customer we get upgraded to a room with views from the bedroom and the bathroom. Let me address the bathroom for one moment, aside from some odd cat theme going on (the room is called Le Chat Bleu), the bathroom is wonderful! There are absolutely no signs of European bathroom disease. There is a giant tub with (mosaic of a cat) a wonderful view. This is the portion of the trip where we move from European bathroom disease to something that is far better and clearly less contagious, called the missing shower, all just bathtubs with the handheld shower thing. It stills seems luxurious to me. One of the first things I notice is that there is a copy of the French Saveur magazine in the bedroom. Which of course I try to read, and what do I notice on page 8? The chef of our B&B showing off his recipes! This place is set high on a hill with an amazing view of fields upon fields of astounding colors of green morphing into yellow wheat and back to green again. I could look at it all day long and still not have drunk in enough of the scenery to cure my thirst. Since the whether isn’t great, we decide to just take it easy and enjoy the slow pace of rural French life, which consists, apparently, of eating, drinking, and sleeping. And, eat we do. Adonis, the Saveur-featured cook of the Inn, makes a delicious dinner and best of all I eat the cheese that I know for the rest of my life I will long for. It was a perfect chevre, coated in shallots that appear to have been soaked in wine. A local woman makes it for the boys and if you ever come across such a combination, by up the whole stock. Scott asked if I wanted to eat elsewhere for dinner the next night and all I could think about was that cheese! So, “no I want to eat here every night and I want my cheese plate to be only made of shallot cheese.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were there last week, we just LOVE this place !!! Philippe and Andonis are wonderful !!

Anonymous said...

We had dinner there in late May 2008, and it was fabulous. Food was great, Philippe and Andonis were very entertaining at the piano after dinner. We will definitely be back next year...

Anonymous said...

playclopata
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/skin-rash]skin rash[/url]
MerjevYpler