Saturday, June 9, 2007

Are We There Yet?

We start out on our long drive to France and while we would have loved a few more days in Barcelona the holiday has everything closed down and the city seems somehow empty so leaving for France it is. Plus, Scott is really looking forward to getting to Toulouse. Of course, it starts raining. My good news is that the combination of weird French Nose spritzing stuff and gallons of gazpacho seem to have helped my cold. I am now down to a small little cough and no more aches, I can hardly believe it. I think I have mentioned before that the French roads are terrible, but let me say it again. How can a country have so many trucks? I just don’t understand where they disappear to once they hit the French boarder? Do they dump their cargo at the boarder and return home? They don’t appear to advance much beyond the German boarder that is for sure. Despite the crazy trucks and the rain the drive is pleasant enough (for me at least since I am in the passenger seat). We pass a medieval town called Carcason that is amazing, this town was around in the 9th century!

No comments: