Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dinner Again at Cuq


Finally it is sunny. We spend the rest of the day laying around in the garden with the dogs of the house sunning ourselves and reading. And, best of all we can have dinner on the terrace! We meet a pleasant British couple who regale us with stories of driving from London to the South of France and how they walked in an anti-war protest in New York when they were stuck there in a blizzard years ago.They also spend some time telling us how terrible Blair is and what a disappointment he is. I find this comforting. I have to remember that America isn’t the only place that has a hated ruler. Dinner is once again fabulous, and Adonis makes the starter that was in the magazine, round courgettes (zucchini) filled with a meat and wine mixture in a very light lemon sauce, yum! He also makes duck, but since I am still a recovering vegetarian I’m not really down for the duck. Of course, Scott has already emailed them with my finicky meat eating and they have prepared a very nice pasta for me. Also, the night before they had lent me the first four episodes of the second Season of Desperate Housewives (what did I say about gay men?). I was in heaven, until I realized once again that I couldn’t get the internet to work for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum