Thursday, June 7, 2007

Chili in the Garden

We head back to the garden and have some chili that Dominik made. It is delicious, some of the best chili I have ever had - apparently he puts a whole bottle of red wine and a cup of oil in it. They were unaware that Erin was a vegetarian and while we were out quickly whipped up a beautiful cheese plate and some hard boiled eggs. I put some of the cheese in my chili and the Germans think I am crazy. I guess the Mexican dish has traveled the ocean but it didn’t come via America or at least hasn’t picked up the American bastardizations yet. It’s cool in the garden and getting colder as we sit there. I’ve had a cold since before we left and was sick for half the night we arrived; not getting much sleep is exacerbating the situation. I can just tell the cold garden is going to make everything worse. We stop in for drinks at Nana and Dominik’s, mostly so Erin and Scott can see their house. Dominik built a nirvana in his family’s barn. Erin and Scott are duly impressed and we finally head home to hit the hay.

No comments: