Friday, April 16, 2010

My New Home – for 10 Weeks Anyway


Exhausted and cold the little family of Scott, Alexis and Atticus arrived at my mother’s house. She led us downstairs to what would be my “apartment” for the next ten weeks. It is adorable, she did a lovely job. We go down the basement steps through a bunch of storage and there is a small bathroom and a few yards away from that a bedroom that mom really made into a little efficiency. It has a kitchen area – two cabinets, a little fridge, a table for two, and a microwave. There is a bed, of course, and a nice big closet, a dresser and best of all heat! It is just wonderful. I love it. Mom has stocked the fridge with V8 for me and Diet Pepsi for Scott, Atticus has been left out of the welcome package but not to worry there is TONS of cheese, and attention and anything his little puppy brain can conjure as heaven upstairs. Mom beams with pride as Scott and I remark how much we love it and what a wonderful job she has done. She has even gone as far as putting flowers out for us. It is truly a little oasis – that is until I realize the dresser is kind of moldy smelling. Ariana had a dresser in her basement that I could trade out so the room became perfect. She had a TV for me to use, but I decided I could use a few months off and I put it away. My future will be all studying, cooking and reading – and puppy kisses! Atticus choose my pillow as his bed!


No comments: