Thursday, July 12, 2007

Scott and I Wave Goodbye to Frankfurt

Scott and I separated at the airport, he onto Nuremberg to meet with Adias folks and I was off to Iceland to catch my flight home. I stood at the Icleand Air desk to check in, only to find out that my pre-assigned seats had been taken away and that the flight from Iceland to Washington had been closed so it would be impossible for me to get a boarding card. The kind lady at the desk tried valiantly, gave me the Germany to Iceland boarding card and told me to ask when I boarded the first plane. I realized that I had just a few pages left in Heat and then I would be without a book, but Scott was certain that there would be book vendors just past security. In all parts of the airport there would be vendors just not in the lonely Iceland Air section. There was a lone duty free shop. I bought a container of chocolate to bring back as gifts and two German beers one each for my two beer aficionado co-workers. Then Scott and I passed the time waiting for our separate flights racking up a huge phone bill talking to each other. He, of course, had huge bookstores around him, bookstores as large as the New York Public Library all trying to sell him fabulous books that I have always wanted to read. But, alas we were in different terminals. Devoid of literature I finally boarded the flight.

No comments: