Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bowle

We located the elusive cash machine and a restaurant that was offering homemade Strawberry Bowle. Bowle is essentially a wine and fruit punch that my German mom taught me to make. You take two bottles of white wine, add a can of peaches and let sit, after several hours (or all night) you pour in a bottle of sekt or prosecco or whatever sparkling wine you have on hand and serve. Bowle was popular in the 30’s through 50’s and then began to loose favor as people turned toward harder cocktails. I was very excited because I had never seen bowle in a restaurant before. I ordered my strawberry bowle and what came was a wine glass with somewhat pink liquid with anemic strawberry slices floating at the top. It was flat, no one told them to add the sparkle I guess, it was horrible. I won’t be ordering bowle again that is for sure!

1 comment:

logangal said...

let's make your bowle when i come down!! yummy!